PS's music blog (for want of a better name!)

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Come Sail Away

I first heard this song by Styx called Come Sail Away years ago on a friend's assorted tape. Recently I rediscovered this song. The past two days am just totally hooked on to this song.
Its a six minute song, but the first 2 and half minutes is just mindboggingly amazing.. In fact I've cropped the first 2:25 mins using GoldWave into another file and been playing it on Repeat continuously!
Amazing keys, good vocals, nice melody. The second part of the song, though, is contrastingly different to the starting. It picks up pace and starts to sound like any other good ol' rock n roll song. I would have loved if Styx had continued the song on the same tempo as the first 2 and half minutes!
Does anyone of you have a live or extended or acoustic version of this song? Let me know...

PS: This song also came in a Southpark episode sometime back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home